Monday, February 28, 2011

Cutting and Stitching.

Just a few pictures to show what's been going on around here lately- lots of starting, not a lot of finishing quite yet. Why are new projects so much more appealing when you are on a deadline with previous projects? Ahdunno. The KCMQG is taking part in the Robert Kaufman "No Prints Allowed" solids challenge- RK provided Kona charm packs for our entire guild, and we can use as much additional fabric as we want, as long as it is a solid. I am... not done. A lot not done. We are supposed to bring our quilts to the March meeting, but I'm afraid mine might not make it until April. As far as I know, there will be no beatings administered on the basis of quilt tardiness, but I have been wrong about these sorts of things before.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

St Louis is doing the same challenge, but we can only add 2 additional solids..and we have until June...but we are penalized if we don't come in June with our finished quilt... we have to pay the guild $10 .... I have started and ripped my twice so far...now I think I am on the right path..

amy h said...

I don't know, I could see those Quilt Guilders rising up and shouting, "burn her!!" :)

Kristin said...

I will be bringing my baseball bat to guild that night, so you better finish. If it makes you feel better, I'm not done yet because I am afraid to cut into a large piece of fabric. I'm going to try the rip-out-a-thread method.

Paula said...

I think you will be put in quilty "time out" in the corner and admonished by your piers. If I can get it done for March so can You!!!! See you next week!

Holly said...

Perhaps those that have finished their quilts get to use them for flogging those who are tardy with their assignment?

I must tell you that I am the MASTER procrastinator. You may be very good, but I think that I may well be the best procrastinator there is. A dubious title indeed.

Melissa said...

I think there are a few who won't have theirs finished yet. I'm not sure about mine since I'm just getting started myself. I think I'd better finish if baseball bats and time outs will be involved, though.

I've made tons of sketches but I've had a hard time deciding on a direction. We'll see how it goes tonight.

rachel said...

Mmmmm, nice colours. Would store very well at the back of the stash.....

Elizabeth said...

I went with a St. Patrick's Day theme for my quilt, but I definitely won't have it done until April. There may be something fundamentally wrong with that, but that's life.

I love your blog by the way!