Thursday, December 3, 2009

Liberty of London for Target

(Image has absolutely no relevance, but I cannot post without one.)

Ok, so I typically am not a blog that is all, Oh, I will buy this thing, because this thing is so good and you should want it too. Because I TRY not to be too wanty about stuff, and not get reoccupied with brands and that sort of thing but O.M.G., Liberty of London for Target, people. And not just clothes, but home decor and organization and BICYCLES and lingerie and kids stuff and GARDENING EQUIPMENT? And I know I'm feeling that somewhat gross crazy consumerist itch all over, but I am EXCITED. I have been obsessed with Liberty fabrics for a while now, but could never justify it. But Target, Target you sly fox, you. You have made my shopping dreams (potentially) come true.

However I need to remember not to get my hopes up, at least not until I see some pictures. I remember the Orla craziness, and I got uber excited, and then went in and... well. Eh. It was good stuff, but I just didn't really NEED any of it, and wasn't so in love with it that I could pretend I did. I ended up with two plastic cups and a laundry bag that I got on sale. Is this going anywhere? Probably not. Are you kids excited for this? Are you already planning Black-Friday-esque morning raids on March 14th? Are you slobberng over the thought of a Liberty bike? Are you dying to know if they will sell curtains? (Fabric! FABRIC, PEOPLE!)

8 comments:

Jen said...

Lauren, can I just say that you have absolutely made my day with this announcement???? The possibilities ...

beth said...

WHat???? You will keep us posted. I have never bought any... too expensive...

Anonymous said...

Oooooo, bicycles? I'm intrigued.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

A Liberty bike might lend glamour to my trips round town . Certainly my "Amsterdam" bike doesn't .But the whole point of having a bike like mine is , no one could ever be tempted to steal the old bone-rattler .Something as desirable as a Liberty printed one would need 5 kilos of chains and padlocks and clamps to keep it safe !
Perhaps Liberty of London for Target will do those too ?

meg said...

ho. ly. crap.

rachel said...

Have you been into the London store? (Liberty, that is, not Target!) Lovely lovely lovely. Then you look at the prices, and creep quietly out again. Sensiblest thing to do.....

Melanie said...

This has the potential to be incredible if they do it right. I was disappointed with the Orla collection too. I bought the kitchen textiles and the quality was terrible.

Thanks for the info on this one! I'll have to keep in on my radar!

mjb said...

I agree with Melanie - I was so disappointed by the quality of the orla tablecloth that I had seen other people buy for the fabric. I like the mugs that I bought, but I got a storage box that I freely let my dog chew on now. So there's hope, but the difference in quality always shows.