Monday, February 2, 2009

Amazement and Announcements.

Ok, so you know when you have a camera that you love, but you're getting a new camera, and you think, well, it will be better, but how much better can it really be? After all, a camera is a camera, it's the operator that makes the difference. NOT TRUE. Maybe I am the only one who thought that way, and I surely shouldn't have, having worked with many many cameras of varying awesomeness, but the Nikon takes the cake.And, of course, it is all about lenses, and this lens makes me cry for the wonderfulness. Long story short, I got it, I love it, I clutch it to my chest when I sleep, and while I will still take a depressing amount oh photographs of my cat, they will be INCREDIBLE.
Sigh.Announcement is this: I have neglected my etsy too long, and so I am cutting some prices on quilts and such, and have put some sweet little fabric bundles in the shop. I have realized that I have an insane abundance of delightful prints in my fabric stash, which is great, but, guess what? I almost exclusively use solids. D'oh.They're the good stuff, all high-quality vintage and modern stuff, and they are 2 1/2 yards for $14. It's a good deal if you are stash building, and come on, you need a good deal, it's a recession.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Looking forward to seeing what you put in your shop.

britt said...

yes we all do need a deal. thanks for the fabric!

Rachel said...

i was wondering if the camera came yet! I am so excited for you!

rachel said...

No such thing as depressing amounts of photographs of any cat, especially yours (and mine)..... The more the merrier, sez I.

Lisa said...

I just won a box of goodness and thought I was the luckiest girl on the Internet, but maybe I'm not- a camera! How cool is that!? Congratulations!

I found your blog from made by lisah, and I am so happy I did. I really like it!

I noticed lately I've been taking an inordinate amount of pictures of my cats too. (One in particular fancies himself a quilter.) I think it's funny how so many cats have quilters!

Chara Michele said...

Oh I wish I saw this post before all the lovely fabrics you put in your shop sold!
Ha, I take a lot of photos of my cats too :) I have to agree with Rachel, that the more photos the merrier :)