Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall and I Are Friends Again.

Our yard is an odd collection of all these things that previous tenants have left in it. We have a bag of Quik-Crete that lost its wrapper and became a bag-shaped concrete statue many moons ago. We have ceramic rocks, and strange pagoda sculptures and spoon windchimes that are so tangled they are incapable of chiming. I heart it.Can anyone tell me why the geranium that was dying ALL SUMMER, (dead, I thought,) became alive again when it got chilly? It's had no help from me, that's for sure. He's just perfect, isn't he? Other than all the nipping and knocking-over-of-fragile-and-liquid-filled-things? Mmhm.

Thanks for all the kind comments on the quilt! And since a few of you have asked, the video I posted a while back is located here, and I eventually plan on doing another one that is more demo and less... me mumbling? Yeah, that's it. Har.


SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I'm very taken with the idea of your cement bag sculpture and arthritic wind chime . Very avant-garde and much nicer than my struggling winter pansies and a Wheely bin . And you have a geranium !

Kitkat said...

Thanks for the link to your video. You are so darn cute- not everyone can pull off rambling!

spicyapplepie said...

The colours in your pics are lovely! it is my favourite time of year