Friday, October 2, 2009

Bicycles, Apologies.




Ok, just first let me say that I am really tired of writing these posts about things that I am selling. It just feels a little cheap, honestly, since it has been pretty much the only posting I have done lately, so I apologize for that. There are good reasons for it (I've actually been productive, I actually don't have any more money,) but they are all lame, so thank you if you have stuck with me through this. I blog because I like to blog, not because I want to schlep crap, and so I have been feeling almost abusive, hurling all this STUFF at you, and I'm going to try and calm it down from now on. So. Bike fabric, rah-rah! I really am enthusiastic about it, I just don't have the energy to do another blogmercial. I really appreciate you wonderful people who take time to read this, and I don't want you to feel like I'm a walking commercial for the Lauren Hunt Machine. It's not what I'm about. I am about Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and complaining, and taking cat photos, and making fun of celebrities, and watching too much hulu, and always being cold. This post has gotten a little heavy, what with all words and such, so I will cut it off now. Thanks for showing up, guys, I couldn't do this without you.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

dude, no worries.
i'll read your blog no matter what you're posting about because your blog is fun to read. i like the blue bicycles, btw, but i can't actually buy them because I also have no money. I thought this post was honest and revealing, and it made me think, "what am I all about?"
and i think i'm all about candy corn, chapstick, obsessing about my hair, finding stolen moments to hang out in the peace of my sewing room, and zoning out in front of stupid shows like the "Top Chef" marathon.
thanks for helping me see myself a little better. hehe.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

But you make such nice stuff ! Of course we want to see it .
Anyway , I'm only here for the cat ...and maybe the dog ...oh yes , and the quilts ....
What am I about ? Heaven knows ! But I love porridge for breakfast , snap up anything vintage like a demented magpie and have creaky knees .

2ndAvenueStudio-Rachel said...

I am loving that Bike fabric ... seriously super! Congrats on your brilliance! I don't mind the blogomercials when its something good and not too often... compared to others, you haven't bugged me at all.
seriously I love that fabric ... grey is brilliant! Spoonflower fabrics are still a bit out of my range, but yours are totally on my list!

rachel said...

No, it's absolutely fine to do all that - blog angst is a common affliction, and the only way through is to keep on keeping on, but with more photos of Baxter, please.

Oops, have I just given myself away?

jacquie said...

keep on schleping! when i have the cash, i'm going to buy!

Lisa said...

That bicycle fabric is completely cute!

I recently hit a post where I thought perhaps I talked about my shop too much. I blog more frequently than you do, so I promised myself and my readers that I would restrain myself to one shop update a week, always on Friday in my weekly round up post. So far it's working. I'm not suggesting that you do, just that you aren't alone in worrying about it. However, if YOU don't promote YOU, who will?