Friday, November 2, 2007

The Slightly Chilly Winds of Change.


Wow, so, I'm just getting silly with the headings now. Ridiculous really. Laughable. But, anyway, the point is, some things are going to change around here, namely, the deplorable header and the insane lack of any cohesive design. I'm not saying it will change quickly, but seeing as I've meant to do it for the past 6 months, it will at least START. Because other things have been changing here, in the physical realm, most notably, my sewing space. In my quest to find the perfect table for the downstairs, I bought a table that looked awful in its intended spot, but was perfect for the upstairs. Which is how I ended up with a dedicated sewing table and another table all for cutting. I know, at first it seems a little silly, or, it did to me, but oh, man, is it time-saving. I never realized how much time I spent shifting stuff around to accomplish different tasks, but it was A LOT. Now that I've started to get the room organized, it really feels like a much better place to work, and I think that will help with productivity. Next on the list: Flannel board for putting together quilts, and better fabric organization.

4 comments:

Jen in KS said...

Congratulations on finding the table. And, if it weren't for the 21st century-looking Brother machine on the table, thoses photos would look very 19th century. Classic. The light is great.

MamaSutra said...

I am almost ridiculously jealous of your sewing space. I have my mom's old sewing cabinet (still with her machine inside it) to prop my machine on, and the hideously dirty kitchen table to cut fabric on. And, surprisingly, I get little sewing done.

margaret k. said...

Please come fix my sewing room. Or let me move into yours. Just lovely.

Amanda Jean said...

hurray for a sewing room. definitely essential!!!