Monday, November 26, 2007

Have I Mentioned, That I Now Own A Table?


I think, after a year and a half of moving from small apartment to slightly-less-small apartment, (4 in all) the thing I have longed for most is the luxury of a table. This may seem simple and stupid, but when you don't have room for a table, you lose a small piece of the idea of "home." Because a table, it's a hub, you eat at it, you stack stuff on it, you dress it up for holidays... Anyway, I'm being silly. but I finally have my dream table. Craigslist, people, seriously, I knew if I waited, it would appear, and it did. Small enough to fit our little nook, and a perfect two-seater when the drop leaves are dropped, but can accomodate ten if you put in all the leaves and, well, buy more chairs. The best part, though, is that now I can use all of the vintage tablecloths I have been collecting in anticipation of table-ownership. Tammis Keefe, anyone? Yes, please. Also, I can start taking artful photographs of the pretty things I eat for breakfast. Except, of course, that I leave the house before the sun makes an appearance and I generally breakfast on "fun size" candy bars...

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oooo, it is perfect! And I am in total tea cup envy over here!

laura capello said...

dude. the windows. the chairs. gah. love.

and that's one rockin' table.

Amanda Jean said...

wow! I love the table...and your apartment looks fabulous!!!

meg said...

we bought a big table as soon as we had a house. and now we can't move unless we buy a big dining room to go with it--my plan all along. conratulations on the lovely table!

Alicia A. said...

LOVE. that. table.