Friday, November 12, 2010

Quilt Market in Small Bits #2

Alexander Henry makes me die. Like, I want to live in their fabric. Look at these pictures and tell me you don't want to live there too.I breifly discussed Halloween costumes with one of thir friendly sales-folk. He had planned on being Vincent Price, but forgot his costume, and so he just waxed his mustache, which was pretty fabulous. I told him I had wanted to be Rachel Zoe but was afraid no one would get it. (Also? Why? Because I love her, a little.) Then he told me that before he realized Market was on Halloween, he and a friend had planned on going as Rachel and Brad! Anyway, fairly boring story, but it was nice to know that one person would have appreciated my Zoe-ness. If I had done it, that is.
Anna Maria Horner, anyone? (Have you picked up on my super-secret system of organizing these by alphabetical order by initials? I'm fancy.) So, her booth was really fabulous, and she was very funny, although I don't think I ever spoke to her directly, because I was scurred. BUT, also present in her booth was her assistant/seamstress/rockstar, Alexia Abegg. Meeting Alexia? HUGE deal for me. I was almost more dorky with her than with Amy Butler. The first quilt I ever made was based on one of Alexia's, and her blog was just a GIANT part of me getting really into fabric. It's a small world, this quilty one, and I really love it.
That's all for tonight, kiddies. Mama is going to go microwave her sammich.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I was there when you met Alexia, and you weren't bad at all -- she seemed really pleased. Not like all those people in line to meet Ty Pennington!

Anonymous said...

it was SO great to meet you!!!!
I can't wait to see more of what develops for all the great talented crew I met this time at market!
xoxo
Alexia

Pinky said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. What is that Alexander Henry bird fabric called??? I must have some. I MUST!