Sunday, November 14, 2010

Quilt Market in Small Bits #3

Cloud 9 my friends. It smells and tastes and feels as good as it looks. Which, I think, should be their new slogan. I'm sure everyone has already heard about their Designer Series, but HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THEIR DESIGNER SERIES? Julia Rothman, Heather Moore of Skinny LaMinx, and Geninne Zlatkis are all doing collections on Cloud 9's organic fabric! Also, It's going to be another price sensitive collection, so great organic fabric for under $12/yard, so that's awesome. I personally am really excited for the Nature Walk collection, which I am going to try and get at Harpers. KC folk, you would buy sweet organic fabric from us if it were under $12/yd, right? RIGHT? H'Anyways, Michelle was really, really nice, and the booth was beautiful, one of my favorites at market. The owl tote bag? I had seen it on interwebs, but it is even cuter in person. I briefly considered stealing it, but I already had enough to shove in my suitcase, and also stealing is bad? NEXT!Daisy Janie, another fabulous organic company! Jan was really awesome, and her booth won an award, which makes sense because it was great. There were a ton of really cute bags, as well as the Square Dance quilt, and a couple of adorable fabric boxes from Smidgebox. Their new Shades of Gray collection is pretty brilliant, because who doesn't love gray prints? And, ps locals, Bon Bon Atelier just got some sweet Geo Grand bolts in the other day. I am oogling the ogee print for another Birdie Sling.
Delicious market morsels, there are so many more of them to share!

7 comments:

Cristin said...

*DROOL* all over my keyboard!
I have yet to get my hands on some Clound Nine but will someday, I hope!

PatSloan said...

so sorry to have missed you at market!

ksrunt said...

yeah, drool...what beautiful colors. I want to go to a quilt show.

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

So, glad we had the opportunity to meet! It was lovely to put face to name to prints. I'm pretty glad you didn't steal our tote, but if you had, I'd say it was sort of OK in light of this fabulous post. Thanks for dropping by and for being a supporter of our products and our Designer Series.

Jan said...

So, so nice to meet you, Lauren! Thank you for your kind words and for including Daisy Janie in your post!! It's definitely a 24/7 obsession, to which I'm sure you can relate! I love your designs/ideas - can't wait to see where they take you!! ;)

raych said...

Even here, in the comments of this week-and-a-half-old post, happy birthday.

happy serendipity said...

love the cloud 9 fabrics. got me a bundle of 1/2 yards of the forest friends which is just soooo sooooft and lovely. i'm still looking for a good thing to do with it.