Monday, September 28, 2009

Yeah, Finally. (or: Sherbet Tower Quilt.)

Ok, so remember earlier this summer, when I had all the pinky strips, and the cutting and the whining, and the seam ripping, and the promises about things being done by "the end of the week"? Weeks = months to me, people. Anyway, I made another version of this quilt earlier in the summer, but have been unable to show it here, just in case its recipient might take a gander at the old bloggity blog, and it has been KEELING ME to keep it under wraps. It was an experiment with a new design, you see, and it turns out I'm rather fond of it. So this is v.2, and v.1 will be unveiled sometime in late October, and, anyways, I hope you likes it. Now, too many quilt photos! Go! Go!This quilt is up for sale in ye olde etsy, if you happen to be in the market. And also, I am trying to start taking more custom orders, so if you or anyone you know needs a FABULOUS (Ha. I mean, they are, but, all caps? Who am I?) little quilt, send me an email. Or etsy convo. Or call me. Well, no, you can't, but, you get the idea. I'm around.

21 comments:

RachelDenbow said...

Oooh, it's stunning! I love your design and the colors are perfect for Fall!

Frogdancer said...

I love that design. It moves!

nettie said...

oh, wow! this is a beauty. i love it.

Two Dogs and a Quilt said...

Wow, it's stunning. Unique design and the quilting pulls it all together.

Jessica said...

Wow, this is the most beautiful quilt I've seen in a long time. I really, really love it.

Lisa said...

That is beautiful. It would look great on a bed too.

Lesly said...

Very clever design and gorgeous colours - it's stellar!

rachel said...

That is a really lovely quilt. I could see a cat or two lying on it, blissed out (do people still say blissed out?. And it deserves all caps.

Evelyn said...

It's really beautiful, as all your quilts are! Your photos are wonderful, too.

Cristin said...

LOVE this quilt! Very uniqe layout - did I say I love it? Because I do :-) Well done!

Ashley said...

ah lauren, I absolutely love it! (it almost makes me wish I didn't know how to quilt so I could justify buying it!) I love the design, the colors, and of course you know I love your quilting!! You're definitely making me want to try it on a larger quilt!

Janice said...

Fantastic! I love stopping in to see what you're working on. You never disappoint!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

There's no such thing as too many quilt photos !! And this quilt is seriously beautiful .

Rebekah said...

This is gorgeous! So unique and unlike anything else that's out there. I love it!

CC said...

Wow-- that is really original and i'm jealous......the colours are lovely and i love the little green corner detail

CC said...

er green?...i meant lilac/purple..

Meg said...

Hi there! I stumbled upon your blog a few weeks ago and I'm so impressed with your work! Your birdie fabric is fantastic and I LOVE this quilt.

I don't know if you've ever read "The Phantom Tollbooth" by Norton Juster, but it's one of my all time favorite children's books; your quilt reminded me of its famous illustrations, particularly "Digitopolis" and "Dictionopolis" the magical kingdoms of numbers and words :) It's such a witty and whimsical book, just like your quilt! I'm trying to justify buying it on a poor students' budget...

Thanks for the fun reads and inspiration!

jacquie said...

lauren,
it's gorgeous. i was wondering how big it is? also, as soon as i have some cash i'm getting your fabric. if only i didn't have to watch my budget.

Chara Michele said...

So pretty! Love the design!

tiel said...

lauren, I just love these tower quilts of yours. I am wanting to update my son's quilt and am looking for inspiration. this is perfect. Is the design yours? I wouldn't want to steal it from you, so was curious.

sew katie did said...

So unique. Love it.