Thursday, October 25, 2007

Uhm, Yes.


Everyone who might be reading this knows that when I say "tomorrow" or "I promise", I am kidding, right? Because I am, obviously, kidding, as I have no sense of time and I use the word promise FAIRLY loosely. Anyway, so, the first question I have (because apparently, I have questions, I hadn't known before I started typing,) is, Who Else wants the Fruit of My Creative Loins? Not literally, of course, I'm not sure where the "sewing loins" are, but what I'm saying is, here is my math: Kristi and Heather are both on for the loin train (man, I have to drop the loin references, they're grossing me out now), and Spring Basil WOULD be, but I haven't been able to figure out a way to work this with someone who doesn't have a Blog to Pay-It-Forward on. (I guess you could start one, SB, and if you do, I will send to you and do four! Mull that over, eh?) So, back to math, I still need one person to give something free to! Step up! Don't be frightened! Most things I make are NOT poisonous!
OK, so with that rant out of the way, here's what I've been working on. Picked up a bunch of solid cottons for a new Bento box, and while I was cutting, also made these squares for another baby quilt. In my head, I'm calling it Post-It Note, because, well, yeah. The production on this is going fairly quickly because A) it is uber-simple, and B)After reading the entire archive of Lady Havartine yesterday in one sitting, I realized that I am not living up to my quilt-making potential. Or, rather, I'm not living up to hers, and I'm totally jealous of that.
So. For now. CONCLUDE.

5 comments:

spring basil said...

Hey there... As much as I would love to be on the loin train and receive unpoisonous, hand-made gifts, sometimes just the thought of leaving a comment on a blog gives me hives... so, there's definately no spring basil blog in my future. (Heck I can't even use my real name!)

I'll be just as happy to continue looking over your shoulder at all your beautiful creations. I came to you by way Sew Mama Sew and your Bento Box quilt. Man I love that quilt. Can't wait to see the new one. Take care.

Domesticrazy said...

I'm not sure how the pay it forward blog thing works, but I'm willing to give it a try. (It's not at all because you make such cool stuff, not at all, really!) So...what do I need to do? I have a blog, but so far it's been a vent about my frustrations with my daughter not sleeping. I'd love to get it back to my original intent, which is a sewing and craft blog. Does that count? Also: um, what do I need to do? Forgive the incompetence, please, I'm new at this!

Rachel said...

I think you just coined a new quilt! I have, like, three baby quilts to make, and I love this simple design.

And really, we need to go to dinner or something soon. I wonder if the men would get along? (And you know I love the opportunity to use a baby sitter).

Malka Dubrawsky said...

I too would like to participate in the PIF thingy. But, I'll understand if you feel like you've got enough folks involved. Just let me know what works for you.

sqrl said...

I of course would love to PIF with you. I do have a blog, lately it has been neglected and honestly not very people read my blog. So I'm not sure how well I qualify. But we could do a little trade instead and pay it forward to each other. Just an an idea....