Friday, June 13, 2008

Stills From the Abandoned Craft Room






I know I should be up there more, but now that I know the new sewing machine is coming, it's hard to manage on the old Brother... Poor machine. I'm not being very fair. And I know I am going to be kind of terrified to use the new machine, because I am SURE that with all the added speed and power, I will sew through my finger. Knock on wood people, because I have been seeing it happen in my head for the past few weeks, speeding through multiple layers of quiltage like butter, laughing recklessly, like people in movies always do before car wrecks, and then blood squirting across the room, and Baxter running to chase my severed finger. Not that a sewn-through finger would be severed. But it makes for more exciting nightmares. Anyway.

5 comments:

AlissaWendy said...

I have to admit, I was both laughing at the image you were painting in my head and having flashbacks of my recent trip to the ER "post" needle through my pinkie finger in March with varigated green thread still attached :( ...it can be done...be careful and enjoy your new machine!! :) I can't wait to see all of your new projects!! :) P.s. I'm soooo jealous of your beautiful sewing/craft room...

Ginger said...

I love the huge window you have in your craft room! I'm jealous, as my spot is a windowless basement room.

My first machine was a brother, and a couple of years ago I upgraded. My new machine can stitch 1500 stitches per minute, but I am much more accurate when I go slow!

Have fun with your new machine!

abi's mom said...

I, too, have gone to the ER with a sewing machine needle stuck in my thumb. It provided great comic relief to the ER staff on a Sunday afternoon. And honestly, I didn't even know I did it until I looked down as I was wondering what that "ker-chunk" had been.

katy said...

i'm a lurker - but your comment about sewing through your finger made me crack up - i got my first sewing machine for christmas this year - hadn't used one for years - and on the first night i had it i sewed through my thumb - needle went in my nail, out the other side, broke somewhere in the middle. i could pull it right out of the nail, but the husband had to grab plyers to pull it out the other side. plus there was a third puncture - not sure what that was from...it all healed up just fine (soaked in hydrogen peroxide and wrapped it up - it was sore for a few days) but i still have a dark spot under my skin where that third puncture was - i am hoping it is a blood blister and not a broken piece of needle...but it doesnt hurt, so i ignore it!

any my machine is just a beginners machine...my husband said if i do it again he's taking it away =)

rachel said...

Am not commenting on needle/carnivore horror fantasy, for fear of fainting.

But - thought I'd say nice tidy craft room!